This course is ideal for child carers, au pairs, pre-school assistants and will focus on the following:
PROVIDE CARE FOR BABIES, TODDLERS AND YOUNG CHILDREN (244469)
- Providing a safe and healthy environment to prevent and reduce injuries and illness.
- Promoting and maintaining optimal health and nutrition for caregivers and children.
- Promoting the rights of children.
- Managing routines and transitions.
PERFORM BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES (119567)
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergency scene management
- Demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology
- Assess an emergency situation
- Apply First Aid procedures to the life-threatening situation
- Treat common injuries
BASIC COOKING SKILLS PROGRAMME
- Handle and maintain knives
- Handle and maintain utensils and equipment
- Handle and store food
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Prepare cold and hot sandwiches and rolls
- Prepare fruit for hot and cold dishes
- Prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes
- Prepare and fry food
- Prepare and grill food
- Prepare and bake food
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage
This course is also SAQA registered and candidates will get credits for the Unit Standards that they have achieved. These Unit Standards are registered with the ETDP SETA and CATHSSETA.
A statement of result will be obtained from the relevant SETA’s.
- Will be presented over 3 months (classes will be on Wednesday’s from 12 :00 – 17:00)
- or on Saturday’ from 9:00 – 14:00 over 6 months (2 Saturdays a month)
- Total of 10 sessions
- Cost: R8 950 per person
- Venue: This programme is presented at our Pretoria office (7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof)
- Once off payment – R8 950 (VAT inclusive)
- Deposit: R4 500
- Month 1 – R1 750
- Month 2 – R1 750
- Month 3 – R1 750
- Total to be paid: R9 750 (Vat Inclusive)
- Learning material
- Ingredients for practical sessions
Part time – 3 months
- Wednesday sessions: Next course to start in August 2017
- Training dates: (16/08; 23/08; 30/08; 6/09; 13/09; 20/09; 27/07; 4/10; 11/10; 18;10; 25/10)
- Final assessment date: 25 October 2017
Part time -6 months
- Saturday Sessions: Next course to start in May 2017
- Training dates: (7/10; 14/10; 21/10; 28/10; 4/11; 11/11; 18/11; 25/11; 2/12; 9/12; 14/12)
- Final Assessment date: 14 December 2017
For further info regarding the above course, you can contact Accreditation and Training Services:
Tel: 012 460 9585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org