This course is ideal for child carers, au pairs, pre-school assistants and will focus on the following:
PREPARE RESOURCES AND SET UP THE ENVIRONMENT TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF BABIES, TODDLERS AND YOUNG CHILDREN (244468)
- Identifying activities that support the development of babies, toddlers and young children.
- Sourcing and select resources.
- Adapting resources.
- Setting up the environment.
- Reflecting on the use and effectiveness of the resources.
FACILITATE THE HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF BABIES, TODDLERS AND YOUNG CHILDREN (244480)
- Facilitating development of babies, toddlers and young children.
- Reflecting on own facilitation.
PERFORM BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES (119567)
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergency scene management
- Demonstrate an understanding of elementary anatomy and physiology
- Assess an emergency situation
- Apply First Aid procedures to the life-threatening situation
- Treat common injuries
BASIC COOKING SKILLS PROGRAMME
- Handle and maintain knives
- Handle and maintain utensils and equipment
- Handle and store food
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Prepare cold and hot sandwiches and rolls
- Prepare fruit for hot and cold dishes
- Prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes
- Prepare and fry food
- Prepare and grill food
- Prepare and bake food
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking and storage
This course is also SAQA registered and candidates will get credits for the Unit Standards that they have achieved. These Unit Standards are registered with the ETDP SETA and CATHSSETA.
A statement of result will be obtained from the relevant SETA’s.
- Will be presented over 3 months (classes will be on Wednesday’s from 12 :00 – 17:00)
- or on Saturday’ from 9:00 – 14:00 over 3 months
- Total of 8 sessions
- Cost: R6 950 per person
- Venue: This programme is presented at our Pretoria office (7 Van Wouw Street, Groenkloof)
- Learning material
- Ingredients for practical sessions
Part time – 3 months
Next intake to start Saturday 14 October 2017 and will be completed Saturday 2 December.
For further info regarding the above course, you can contact Accreditation and Training Services:
Tel: 012 460 9585 or email email@example.com