NATIONAL DIPLOMA: Early Childhood Development (SAQA US 23118 NQF Level 5)
This qualification is designed to provide access to higher education for many experienced and skilled ECD practitioners and trainers who do not have recognised qualifications. This Higher Certificate in Early Childhood Development (ECD) will help you to develop your skills to provide appropriate education, training and development services in the ECD sub-field and enable you to use your knowledge of child growth and development from birth to nine years and relevant national policies to guide your professional practice.
Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
Letter of employment and number of years of related work experience (minimum 3 to 5 years experience).
18 – 24 months.
Type of Learning:
- Mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme.
- Facilitate learning and development of children with barriers to learning and other special needs, including those coping with abuse and violence, within an inclusive anti-bias approach.
- Promote the safety and healthy development of each child.
- Work with colleagues, families and community systems to develop each child`s potential as fully as possible.
- Manage a well-planned and organised learning programme to meet the needs of individual children within the framework of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
- Select and use appropriate methods and procedures for assessing children`s progress and reporting on this to parents.
- Promote the development of high quality ECD programmes and services.
- Communicate effectively for the purposes of academic study and professional practice.
- Plan and implement appropriate learning activities and materials or management practices based on knowledge of the principles, processes and content of the chosen specialisation.
- First Aid Level 1 (2 day course)
Practical work experience:
Part-time: minimum of 6 weeks (3 weeks in the middle, 3 weeks at the end).
R15 500.00 (VAT Inclusive)
Price Includes a 7″ Wise Touch Tablet preloaded with all your course material (or similar – depending on stock availability).
ETDP SETA Accredited Certificate.