Child Care & Cooking Course
This course is ideal for child carers, au pairs, and pre-school assistant. We have public course dates available. Coursess can also be arranged for groups of 6+ candidates.
THE COURSE CONSISTS OF 3 MODULES
DESIGN ACTIVITIES TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF BABIES, TODDLERS, AND YOUNG CHILDREN (244485)
- Analyse learning and development needs of the children within a given context.
- Design activities (language, creative, music and routine activities).
- Evaluate the design of activities.
Self-study. This module is available electronically. You will receive your course material & the supporting documents via e-mail.
Unlimited support is available via email during office hours 08:00 – 16:00, Monday – Friday. The contact details for your support facilitator / assessor will be allocated to you once you’ve enrolled and paid for your course.
Students have 6 weeks to complete this Self Study module (including 5 days of practical).
You will be responsible to source an adequate workplace for your workplace practical. You must complete a logbook, along with your workplace supervisor/coach, to record your practical experience. For this unit standard you must complete a minimum of 5 days of practical. You do not have to do this at a creche or registered ECD centre. It can be completed at the home of the children you are looking after.
This Unit Standard falls under the scope of the ETDP Seta and you will get credits for the Unit Standard that has been achieved. A Statement for Result will be issued by the ETDP Seta.
Price for Module 1: R3 250 (including VAT)
PERFORM BASIC LIFE SUPPORT AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES (119567)
- Elementary anatomy and physiology.
- Medico-legal implications – incl. consent.
- Emergency scene management.
- Primary & secondary survey.
- Respiratory distress – incl. artificial respiration.
- Choking – blocked airway.
- Circulatory shock.
- Wounds & bleeding.
- Burns & fractures.
- Unconsciousness & fainting.
- Head & spinal injuries.
Class-based. Book yourself on any one of the scheduled First Aid Courses, presented by First Aid Training SA in Rivonia, Johannesburg or Groenkloof, Pretoria. Dates available from the office.
08:00 – 16:00.
TETA Accredited Competence Certificate / Statement of Result will be issued.
Price for Module 2: R1 250 (including VAT)
- Handle and maintain knives.
- Handle and maintain utensils and equipment.
- Handle and store food.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain hygiene in food preparation, cooking, and storage.
- Prepare and bake food.
- Prepare and fry food.
- Prepare and grill food.
- Prepare cold and hot sandwiches and rolls.
- Prepare fruit for hot and cold dishes.
- Prepare vegetables for hot and cold dishes.
Class-based. Students to attend class at our Groenkloof training centre in Pretoria.
3 days for practical cooking skills.
2 weeks to complete learner workbook for assessment.
This course is based on SAQA registered unit standards and candidates will get credits for the Unit Standards that they have achieved. These Unit Standards fall under the scope of the CATHSSETA. A statement of result will be obtained from the relevant SETA.
Price for Module 3: R3 650 (including VAT)
R8 150 (including VAT)
The price for all modules include:
- Learning material.
- Ingredients for practical sessions (where applicable).
Sign up to your future!
Do you have a question for us? Or do you want to enrol? Fill in the contact form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.